Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday nite!

Ok, so I just signed up to blog....everyone says, "You have to blog to increase traffic to your site!" Ok. I'll bite. :)
And I have no clue what to write about. Or should I say *blog*?

A bit about me...married for going on 27 years, 2 stepsons, a daughter, a son, a fake d-i-l, a real d-i-l, and 3 grandbabies. I come from a wacky family, and over the years I've learned distance is a good thing. Love them all dearly, but they're all just goofy. Or maybe I'm the one that's goofy and am best keeping to myself. 6 of one, half dozen of the other...either way, it doesn't really matter. I'm terribly happy with my life. Granted I have troubles and turmoil just like everyone else, but for the most part, I'm happy. The best advice my dad ever gave me was this... "Nothing is so terrible you can't laugh about it." He was right. So laugh, I do. Every day. And a lot of it. My husband is down to working only 2 weeks out of every month (thank you economy), our son the same thing. I work 14 hour days in the shop, but sure don't get paid enough so I will soon be looking for a "real" job. That's gonna be a hoot!

The shop? What's that? Hmmmm, 10 years ago, I started a hobby, or so I thought. I had quit a job, the kids were young but in school. I had to find something to do or risk losing what was left of my pea brain. Something that had always interested me was stained glass. And thus the madness began...mwahahahahaaaaa! It soon became a business, I moved from working in the utility room to our "little house", and when the dh realized I was never home, we sold that place and built a shop behind the garage at our house. Now I basically live out here, going in for meals and sleep. Speaking of sleep, I could use some of that. ;)

My life is more like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride but I love it. The ups and downs, the ins and outs, the constant changes, there's always something going on here. My kids and husband keep me on my toes. As do my friends. Seldom does a day go by w/o having company of some sort, whether it be a friend over for coffee or kids visiting, or customers coming to the shop. The emails never end, and the phone rings too, and let's not forget to check all the glass forums, do my research, come up with Today's Plan, and help the other glassers as much as I can. There's always a stray to save too. No, not a critter, but some lost soul who needs some cheering up or a place to crash, or a letter or good long talk to help get them back on track. It's an interesting life. And I wouldn't change it for the world. As far as critters go, we do have 3 cats. Actually we only have 2 but when Boy and my fake daughter moved back in w/us so he could go back to school, their little girl has a cat. meow. So now we have 3. Oh boy! They're good cats and the kids are good too, and I love that little granddaughter to distraction! She is the light in my day. I'm so blessed by having the opportunity to have them live with us. Yup, I've got an interesting life. And a blessed one at that.

For now I shall post what I have, hopefully get back on tomorrow and blog some more. I hope everyone reading this takes a moment, sit back, and count your blessings. Even if you can only come up with one....that's more than some have. Be well. Til next time.... M

No comments:

Post a Comment