Monday, December 28, 2009

Out with the Old, In with the NEW!

It's been incredible the last 3 months. Hard to believe it's been since October since I've blogged. How time flies when you're having fun!! Guess it's time to bring everyone up to date on the latest news. It's been awhile in coming, but I've decided to close my Artfire shop. A bit misty eyed about that but I know it's for the best. I was picked up by a new shop in mid October that is keeping me very busy. Add to that I was asked to teach a 4th class for the tech, the other shops have been nuts w/orders, custom orders are piled up, it's been nuts at best so something has to go. AF has been fun, but since it generates the least of my income...it got the axe. :( I wish everyone involved with Artfire great and continued success!

I'm looking forward to the coming year. It's going to be busy and insane but since I'm still doing what I love, it's going to be good. I feel it in my bones!! The family continues to keep me on my toes. Chloe is a doll baby and her verbal skills have just exploded! She never ceases to amaze me with how smart she is. She's been a hoot w/the Christmas decorations this year. She'll get close to the Christmas tree, puts her finger close to her face, points at you and says, "No Touchin'!" with a very serious look on her face. Then grabs an ornament (thank goodness they're all plastic this year!) and says, "Uh-oh!" Those darn ornaments just seem to jump out and land right in her hand! LOL Too funny! She loves this season as much as I do. It's so much fun to watch her and view this glorious holiday thru her eyes. She loves the nativity set that I have on a low table. Almost too much. She insists that one of the wise men is Grandpa and is constantly rearranging them. Everyone is crowded around Baby Jesus! Although currently, Baby Jesus, the shepherds, sheep, and the cow have gone MIA. Not to worry, I found them. They are having a private party behind the recliner, all lined up on the floor. If I wasn't so old, I'd get them back where they belong but since she's little, I'll make her crawl back there and put them back in the creche. My life would certainly be empty without this little one around.

I hope you're lucky enough to have a little one in your life. Take some time, watch them experience something new and exciting. Even if you don't have a little one of your own, it's fun to people watch a young family, if for just a few moments. Makes one look at life in a whole new way. It refreshes the soul to watch a young one experience a new taste or sound or sight. Somehow it changes how I look at those little moments that happen on a daily basis and no longer do I take them for granted. I highly recommend it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment