Friday, September 18, 2009

Random Friday Thoughts & Eye Candy!

It has been the weirdest week of my life. I'm not even kidding when I write that. It's almost spooky. Not even Halloween yet. Full moon? I don't think so. Planets out of line? Possibly. Monday was a lost day. Ever have one of those? You know you had it, but ya don't know where it went. You tried to live it, you know you did, but you don't remember it. That was my Monday. No worries, Tuesday's another day, right? My Tuesday was great!! Got started on some fused glass mitten Christmas ornaments...loaded the kiln, fired the first load, worked perfect, now I gotta string 'em. (blech!) 3rd load is in the kiln firing now...2nd load, done, needs stringing yet (blech) of course, but I'll get to that this aft. Wednesday started out so perfect! Cold, but I love working when it's cold. Must be that hot flash time of my life or something (another blech), so peaceful out early in the morning, brilliant sunshine, good internet connection (rare in the shop!) and then things took a turn for the bizzare. 4 phone calls, all with freaky and/or bad news. They aren't kidding when they say, "When it rains it pours". I couldn't wait to go to bed that nite just so I could get up, have a new day, hopefully better! And I did. :) But it was also freaky in itself. How many days do I wake up only to get 5 new students, none of which are related to eachother or want the same class? Never. Or at least not until now. Wow! 5 new bodies to introduce to the wonderful world of glass art. Sweet. I bet you can almost hear me laughing...mwahahahaaahaaaaaaa! IT's gonna be FUN! Monday nite is the first class, I'm combining 2 students for stained glass. The other 3 will be in the coming weeks. Join me if you can. I teach great classes. Very laid back, chock full of info, and you can even bring a bottle of wine if you want. Just wear shoes. That's pretty much my only rule.
Ok, on with today's finds... Normally, I try to blog every Thursday. Well, as you have just read, my week has been a wee bit different so I'm a day late. I found good eye candy though and with Christmas coming up, we have to start shopping now. I think these hair bands will be a fun stocking stuffer for the young ladies on my list! They're also made from recycled goodies so I'll be saving the earth at the same time. Can't get much better than that!
http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&seller_id=36140&op=new&body=1 I really like this shop, she has some very cool earrings, hearts that are made out of some kind of wire wrapped wire I am guessing. They're fun and spunky. Right up my alley! Check it out if you can, fun stuff! She's JillsJewels on Artfire!


Since it's getting to be Halloweenie Time....for those of you that scrapbook, these are very cute! I had a hard time picking my favorite so I had to go seasonal. I may just have to take up a new hobby.... :) http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&seller_id=22045&op=new&body=1 Syrena's Scrapbooking...way too cute, way too much fun. I don't know what she's doing to come up with all these designs, but I dig 'em all!






















And then I found these....I absoluetly adore the slippers and covet the bag!! http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&seller_id=16398&op=new&body=1 HookYarnInker is riding Artfire's Crazy Train today. I might just have to buy a ticket for this ride!!
So since I started this at 10 this morning and it's now 2....what can I say? I'm having way too much fun poking about on Artfire! LOL I better get moving on with the (blech) stringing work. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. It's Horse & Buggy Days this weekend in Weyauwega so I'm closing the shop and heading up town for the festivities tomorrow. Be well, count your blessings, and don't have any freaky days. Until Halloween, and then steal all the kids' chocolate. Send me the extras if you have any. ;)






















No comments:

Post a Comment