Thursday, September 24, 2009

Say Cheese!

It's been a crazy week here! I've taken over 600 pictures and have spent the last several days on my butt editing, pricing, tagging, and getting things ready for Christmas shoppers. Yikes, I am so glad that this batch is done! There's more to come though! I have another load of mittens ready for the kiln and more need to be cut. I almost forgot to make more snowmen and penguins so I need to start a list. :) I'd be lost w/o my To Do Lists! I should probably start that now while I'm thinking of it or I'll probably forget again. I think my theme song should be "If I Only Had A Brain". :)


I can't wait to get back to cutting glass! My tail bone is screaming in pain from sitting so much. I need to get back on my feet and give my poor butt a break. LOL TMI? Sorry!! But seriously, I hate sitting!



All in all, life is good. May not all be good news, but the attitude is great and that's pretty much what determines whether life for me is good or bad. I did something I've never done before. I quit. I quit everything. I am sure I disappointed several people but ya know how it is when everyone has to have a piece of you? Will you chair this committee? Will you help me with this? Can you do that for me? We need someone to raise $800 to send a kid to camp....you're in charge of collecting the $$.... Being the ding-dong that I am, the first word out of my mouth is ,"Yes!" Well, I finally realized the importance of putting myself, my family, and my job first. Everything was suffering cuz everyone had more pieces of me than I did. So I quit. It is actually quite liberating! I feel like I finally have a handle on life again and it feels great. I highly suggest if that is how you're feeling, you need to quit some things in your life. If we don't take care of ourselves, we can't take care of anyone else. So I'm turning over a new leaf. I'm taking time off from work, enjoying my family, not working 18 hours a day anymore. (ok, I'm trying not to work 18 hours a day.....roll eyes here!) I took Saturday off and my granddaughter Chloe and I went to the parade here in town for Horse & Buggy Days. Normally I work the Lost Arts thing for H&B Days. Not this year! Chloe is 2 years old and growing up so fast, nothing is more important right now than spending time with her! We had so much fun!!!!! She was so funny, the first parade she's been old enough to enjoy. Good as gold, even w/missing her nap! Eating watermellon and steak sandwiches, going to the petting zoo, and searching for balloons. We never did find one, how sad is that? Maybe it's just me, but I found it very strange that no one was selling balloons. Not to worry, the grocery store has them and now we have them too! It was one of the best days I've had in a long time. It's good to quit things. Especially when it makes room for doing the things that bring us the most joy. Chloe is my joy, there will always be time for her. :)



I'm also making time to hunt for Christmas presents. I don't think I've ever started this early! :D I'm pretty pleased with myself! LOL I know I'm going to buy too much this year but about now, I don't much care. I've found too many pretty things on Artfire this year so I won't be spending time fighting the crowds and wasting gas. I plan on doing alot of online shopping this year! I love the pieces from Clara's Clips! Just Ducky is so dang cute! But I think I need to buy the pony for Chloe, she sure loved those in the parade. :) http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&seller_id=25057&op=new&body=1 Very pretty things!! And something that I will never make.... :( I could spend alot of $$ in Clara's shop and I just might! LOL










Another one that I discovered this week (hey, I get to take breaks from photo editing don't I?) http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&seller_id=23062 Simply Lampwork. LMAO There is nothing simple about her beads!!!!!!!!! I know, I make lampwork beads and these are totally Divine!!!!! I can't believe her prices either. She's nuts. Nancy, you really need to raise your prices! Seriously. These are stunning. Before she raises her prices, get in her shop and buy her out. I'd rather you bought from me but I don't think I could do work like this. It's gorgeous. Lickable! I'd kill to make leaves like hers. Fan-Freakin'-Tastic!







Another very fun shop I found is http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&seller_id=26650&op=new&body=1 Sweet Whimsy. I have to have the flamingo scrabble tile pendant! Chloe and I have a thing about flamingos. It's a daily tradition that every day she goes outside, heads to the side garden and makes the "mingos go Boing!" I have flamingos on springs and she thinks it's the funniest thing to make them wobble! Besides, I have flamingo pants that are my "party pants" and I made a bracelet and matching earrings. This pendant would be the cherry on the sundae to my "mingo outfit". :)

Not to be outdone by the flamingo...totally dig this paisley one. It's just so funky!
I think the ladybug box might have to come live here too, at least until Christmas...then I think it's going to my other granddaughter. ;)








There's alot of neat stuff out there on Artfire. It's been great fun for me to get out there, poke around, and find some really unique pieces, all handmade and original. No more "cookie cutter gifts" for this family. I'm going Handmade! :) I bet the family will be surprised that they aren't all getting my glass this year. LOL
That's about it for this week's blog. Time to get dressed, load the kiln, and hopefully have breakfast with my darling Chloe. I'm taking time off to enjoy the people and things most important to me. I hope you can do the same. Be blessed my friends!
































































































No comments:

Post a Comment